TERMS & CONDITIONS
PRIVACY & SAFETY
Bay Bedrooms is fully committed to respecting your privacy. In summary, we collect Personal Information including your title, name, contact details (address, phone and fax) and email address and use your Personal Information for purposes including, but not limited to, completing a transaction, making a delivery, dealing with your queries or customer service issues promptly or for product development and research purposes. We only send your Personal Information to third party organizations when we have your consent, need to share it to provide the product or service you have requested, or are required or authorized by law to disclose the information. If you have a concern with any action regarding your personal privacy please contact Bay Bedrooms to resolve an appropriate course of action.
RISK AND TITLE
All risk in Bay Bedrooms products passes on delivery of the products to the Customer or its nominated Agent or Representative. Title passes on delivery of the products to the customer and receipt by Bay Bedrooms of full payment by either cash or clearance of funds into our bank account. If for reason we are required to incur legal or other costs in obtaining the payment of all monies to which we are entitled from the Purchaser under this contract then you will pay those legal or other costs to us on demand.
Delivery includes unwrapping, assembly of the goods, and removal of packaging. Delivery charges and estimated times will depend on where your product is being delivered. You must ensure the correct delivery address and access details are provided to us, and advise Bay Bedrooms if goods are to be delivered upstairs or downstairs. We shall use all reasonable endeavours to meet the delivery date on the nominated day; however you agree that Bay Bedrooms is not and will not be liable for any loss or damage; however it arises, if the products are not delivered by the delivery date. We will telephone your nominated telephone number about 1 hour before delivery will be affected. Products will only be delivered if a person over 18 years and able to accept delivery is at the delivery address. Delivery will require rescheduling and a further delivery charge will be incurred if an appropriate person is not present to accept delivery.
We accept Cash, Cheques, Direct Deposits, MasterCard, Visa, and American Express as forms of payment.
BAY BEDROOMS WARRANTY & CONSUMER GUARANTEES
Bay Bedrooms Warranty for its products that have been purchased in Australia. This Warranty is subject to the Australian Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (“Australian Consumer Law”). The benefits provided in this Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies of a consumer under the Australian Consumer Law, and any other laws in relation to the products to which this Warranty relates. The Warranty period commences from the date of sale, and the period of the Warranty varies from item to item. This Warranty covers the replacement or repair of any product that has a manufacturing or material defect that is not the result of normal wear and tear, or a natural characteristic of the material used. This Warranty is not transferable and does not cover products used for commercial purposes. Unless specified otherwise at the time of purchase.
CONSUMER GUARANTEES REMEDIES
If there is a major failure with the product, the Customer is entitled to:
(1) reject the product and get a refund; within a reasonable time frame
(2) reject the product and get an identical replacement, or one similar in value if reasonably available; or
(3) keep the product and obtain compensation from Bay Bedrooms for the drop in value of the product caused by the major failure
If there is a minor failure with the product, the Customer is entitled, at the discretion of Bay Bedrooms:
(1) a refund of the cost of the product
(2) replacement of the product; or
(3) have the product repaired within a reasonable time.
LEATHER CARE & WARRANTY
Dust, dirt and perspiration are the main causes of leather damage. Every leather lounge has a protective, clear coat called the “Tanner’s” coat. Once this breaks down, leather can discolour; in fact, colour can literally start to peel off. Cleaning and conditioning the leather regularly keeps this “Tanner’s” coat from breaking down. Leather warranty on our leather products and other 100% cowhide leather products from Bay Bedrooms is 12 months unless Manufacturer offers longer terms. This warranty is void if you fail to take appropriate care of the leather. Recommendations for caring for leather are:
(1) Once a week, wipe down the lounge with a damp cloth wet with water to remove any dust and dirt.
(2) Every 3-6 months, use an approved leather cleaner and conditioner (we recommend Go Safe leather products which can be purchased instore) to clean and condition the leather. This regularity with which you clean and condition depends on the amount of use the lounge gets. For example, if you use the lounge for hours each day, then you should clean and condition it every 3 months.
(3) White leather in particular is very susceptible to dye transfer from denim jeans.
THIS WARRANTY WILL NOT APPLY IF:
(1) Repairs to a product are made or attempted by a service provider other than one approved by us
(2) The product has not been used or maintained in accordance with the Manufacturer’s instructions as provided with the product
(3) The customer uses the product in an abnormal manner for example if the product is abused, misused, dropped, crushed, impacted with any hard surface, exposed to extreme heat (including fire) or cold, not maintained properly or used after partial failure
(4) The product has been modified, incorrectly adjusted or operated, subjected to incorrect electrical supply or inconsistent electrical supply or used with inappropriate accessories
(5) The product is tampered with in any way
(6) The product’s serial number, as applied by the Manufacturer, has been altered or removed from the product
Consumer guarantees: Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. To the extent that they are compatible with the consumer laws in Australia, the exclusions and provisions that apply to Bay Bedrooms Warranty apply to the consumer guarantees.